In less than a week’s time we’re marching together across the planet to support the Global Ban treaty on Nuclear weapons!
At the same time as the Women’s March to Ban the Bomb in New York there will be solidarity events all over the world, including several in Scotland.
Events planned so far for Saturday 17th June are listed below. If there is not one in your area don’t be shy – go ahead and organise your own.
- LIVESTREAM: Women’s March to Ban the Bomb! 5-7pm, at the Serenity Cafe, 8 Jackson’s Entry, The Tun, 111 Holyrood Rd, Edinburgh, EH8 8PJ
- Brodick, Isle of Arran. Gathering opposite the Douglas 4.45-5.15pm
- Edinburgh, Demo with singing at 4 pm-6 pm, on the Mound.
- Glasgow Gathering at Donald Dewar Statue 12.00 noon (Timing intended to allow people to attend at both Glasgow and another site if they wish)
- Kilmarnock rally at 5 pm, at the Burns Statue
You can publicise any event you are organising by posting on solidarity event online map and sending information to Scottish CND for our website and to make a Facebook Event. In any case – please call the local press and take pictures to send to them and to us.
Over in New York the Scottish delegation will be going to the march with a Scottish Banner.
Whatever you decide to do this Saturday all eyes will be on the second round of negotiations for the nuclear weapon ban treaty, taking place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City from 15 June–7 July 2017. You can stay updated by subscribing for the Nuclear Ban Daily or follow the action live on Twitter through @RCW