We should ban nuclear weapons because:
- they are the most inhumane weapons;
- today’s nukes are thousands of times more powerful & could kill millions in one go;
- all the other Weapons of Mass Destruction are banned already;
- their risk is unacceptable and accidents happen;
- they don’t differentiate between military targets and hospitals or nurseries;
- they harm and contaminate our environment;
- radioactivity persist for thousands of years;
- a nuclear war would lead to catastrophic global climate change, famine and human extinction;
- we cannot afford 15,000+ nuclear weapons draining our much needed resources;
- they fail to address terrorism and cyber war and make us a vulnerable target;
- we want to avoid regional nuclear arms races & prevent other countries developing them.
Please have a look here for a more detailed argumentation or visit the resources section.